Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dancing

I'm pretty late to this by a week or so (thanks gwenythmelons!), but this might be the best viral video I've ever seen in my entire life. It features some dude named Matt Harding who is a normal looking American white guy who travels around to different countries and, well, dances. The very first scene starts out with a fricking GOAT ON A MOTORCYCLE in some alley in Mumbai, India and all and all, according to his site, features 42 countries and thousands of people dancing.

Apparently Matt Harding made a video in 2005 (pre-Youtube), was "discovered" and sponsored by Stride Gum (I have no clue how Stride Gum relates to a guy dancing but whatever) to do his next video in 2006, and his most recent video in 2008 has around 5 million hits on Youtube (I am embedding/linking the Vimeo version because it's widescreen and better quality, but if you're a Youtube ho, it's here).

Anyways, I've watched it on repeat for like an hour, and it fucking makes me bawl. I know I'm a wimp and a butterfly landing on a flower makes me bawl, but still yo, it MOVES me.


Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.

6 comments:

troymccluresf said...

Wow. Maybe I'm just a sucker for the music, but that was pretty amazing.

I'm guessing he's the first person to dance in the DMZ in about 20 years. And probably the last guy to for another twenty.

eddo said...

Also, I was quite impressed with his dancing with the Indian women and busting out their moves!

laurenjsummers said...

thanks for the props ed!

i added your blog to my blogroll!

rommy said...

That's my favorite video. Not as good, but still cute is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

The Millionizer said...

so close to tears. but i've had so much alcohol today.

-gangy

hhshestheone said...

Wow - that was totally amazing. I'm a HUGE fan of yours from Yelp and followed you here. If it makes you feel better, I totally bawled my eyes out watching that. So beautiful that something so simple can bring happiness to so many.
Keep your chin up :)